Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i'll take the silence

i don't want to hear the voice of God.
Actual words pushed to earth
by breath from the eternal one.
Vibrating across time and space.
Crawling through the opening of my ear
shaking tiny bones.
connecting membrane
until a message registers in my brain.
I'll take the silence.

I don't want it.
No conversation, monologue or pronouncement.
I doubt i could handle it.
The clarity would overwhelm.
I'll take the silence.

No thanks.
the wondering,
the choosing to believe God is there.
Communicating
but never knowing, for certain, how it works.
I'll take the silence.

8.31.07

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the poem Jim. I appreciate you and welcome to bloggerland. You have more to contribute than you'll ever know. Hope to see you again someday soon.

    Bruce Huge

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go schmo.
    thanks for sharing...
    happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This'll be fun and interesting to read, Jim; looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I like it. Welcome to blogging Jim. I added you to my link on my blog, which I will not shamelessly promote here on yours.

    ReplyDelete